Many different types of pests may try to infest your home. Some pests, like termites, carpenter ants, and carpenter bees, can cause considerable damage to your home’s wooden structure over time. Other pests, like flies, can be significant nuisances. Pests like cockroaches, mice, and rats can potentially introduce you and your family to infectious pathogens. Pantry pests are different. They go straight for the food stored in your pantry and are quite adept at gaining access to it.
Pantry pest control in Houston is critical if you want to keep your home safe and sound from pantry pests, and the best company to rely on for that is All-Safe Pest & Termite. Call us today.
From Weevils To Moths: Understanding Common Pantry Pests
Pantry pest identification can be helpful in understanding how to control them. Here are some of the common pantry pests in Houston you may have to face in your home:
- Weevils: Weevils are small - under 6mm in length - and are one of the most common pantry pests. Weevils are drawn to any foodstuff made from grains.
- Ants: If an ant discovers something that interests it, it will leave a pheromone trail that other ants can follow to the food source; this is why infestations can materialize suddenly.
- Beetles: Beetles are tough, armored pests that can persist in food sources for extended periods.
- Moths: Moths prefer the same food sources as weevils and can be just as destructive.
With there are so many pantry pests to deal with, it can take time to figure out which pantry pest control products to utilize for any given situation. Don’t struggle with pest control solutions. Utilize All-Safe Pest & Termite instead. Once you contact us, you can rest assured that we can make pests go away.
Pantry Pests And Food Safety: Protecting Your Family
If pantry pests have infested your stored food, it is important to take steps to eliminate the infestation. Start by throwing out all obviously infested food. Following this, carefully examine all remaining food stored in your pantry to make sure it is clean. Toss anything suspicious. Clean your shelves carefully, using a wet, soapy cloth. Finally, inspect your pantry consistently in upcoming weeks to make sure the infestation is gone.
All-Safe Pest & Termite professionals know all about eliminating pests. Drop us a line today.
Pantry Pest Prevention: Tips For A Pest-Free Kitchen
Pantry pest control is most effective when you take steps to prevent infestations in the first place. Here are some ways to decrease your chances of having to deal with pantry pests:
- Deep clean periodically: Deep cleaning your pantry occasionally can help decrease the chances of pantry pests coming and staying.
- Seal food well: Pantry pests can exploit open containers to gain access to the food contained inside. Tightly sealing food can eliminate the ability of pantry pests to gain access to your food.
- Avoid damaged food packages: Buying food in damaged packages may mean inheriting pantry pests coming inside the food.
- Clean up crumbs: Spilled food or crumbs can attract pantry pests, who may decide to stay.
These tips can help decrease your chances of dealing with pantry pests, but they may still come anyway. If they do, All-Safe Pest & Termite can come too, in order to help you eliminate the infestation. Get in touch with us today to get started on home pest control in Houston.
Seeking Professional Help: Expert Pantry Pest Extermination
There are many different types of pantry pests, each with their own habits and behaviors. Trying to control these infestations with ineffective DIY pest control products may have less than satisfactory results as you get some pests but not others, and the infestation persists as your frustration grows. Instead of trying to figure everything out yourself, let All-Safe Pest & Termite show you how to get rid of pantry pests and keep them away.