Pantry pests are one of the most irritating pest infestations you can face in your Woodlands home. Pantry pests hit you in one of the most cherished areas of your home: your kitchen. Pantry pests have two distinct behavioral characteristics that make them troublesome in homes. First, they are attracted to the same kinds of foods you are, namely the food you have stored in your pantry. Second, pantry pests boast the exceptional ability to gain access to and infest your stored food. You often won’t even know you have an infestation until you open a box of stored goods, only to discover it is full of unwanted pests.
Pantry pest control in The Woodlands can help keep these bad experiences from happening or help resolve them quickly once discovered, and the best company for that in The Woodlands is All-Safe Pest & Termite. Call us today for help with pantry pests.
Identifying A Pantry Pest Infestation
Once pantry pests establish themselves in your home, they can be difficult to eliminate, with high infestation rates being common. Thus, it pays to be able to identify pest infestations early. Here are some ways to identify pests:
- Direct sightings: Finding actual pests in your pantry or food stores is an obvious sign pantry pests are active.
- Contaminated food: Even if you don’t see actual pests, seeing debris in your food containers can strongly indicate pantry pests, especially if they have infested more than one container.
- Holes in containers: Pantry pests sometimes chew holes through containers to access the food inside. Finding holes in the outsides of food storage containers may be a big clue that pantry pests are present.
Pantry pest control can help you eliminate pests as soon as you discover them, and All-Safe Pest & Termite has treated every type and kind of pantry pest infestation. Contact us today for prompt, effective pest control services.
Pantry Pests And Food Safety: Protecting Your Family
To ensure you minimize your chances of pantry pests, buying dry goods in smaller quantities is a good idea so you can utilize them before they attract pantry pests. Be sure to use older products before newer ones and check packaging dates. Storing food in the refrigerator or freezer is also a good idea. Discard old, outdated foods, and carefully inspect and clean your pantry cabinets often.
You can do these things to help keep pantry pests away from your property, but if they come anyway, we also want to come—All-Safe Pest & Termite is simply the best company for pest control in The Woodlands area. Drop us a line today.
Professional Pantry Pest Control: When To Call In The Experts
Pantry pest identification and control can be challenging for the average homeowner. Pantry pests can resist ineffective DIY pest control products, and even if you eliminate the current infestation, recurring infestations are common. The best way to approach pantry pests is with the professionals by your side.
If pantry pests have come into your home and pantry, All-Safe Pest & Termite can get them back out. Call us today for help with termites.
Pantry Pest Prevention: Tips For A Pest-Free Kitchen
Given that common pantry pests can cause a lot of problems in your home, here are some tips for keeping them at bay:
Store food in tightly sealed glass, plastic, or metal containers to prevent meal worms from chewing through.
- Inspect food purchases closely before bringing them into your home to identify potential infestations before bringing them into your home.
- Keep food storage areas clean to avoid attracting pantry pests into your kitchen, where they can later spread to your stored food products.
Finally, inspect often and drop a line to All-Safe Pest & Termite as soon as you discover pest infestations. We know how to get rid of pantry pests in the Woodlands.