All-Safe Pest & Termite, Dallas, TX's trusted pest management company, would like to remind all of our neighbors that spring is again upon us. We'd also like to welcome first-time homeowners to Dallas with some friendly neighborly advice. We care about this city and our neighbors, and all of us need to remember that springtime is the right time to stop pest infestations. So, here is a quick Dallas homeowner's spring pest prevention guide that can help stop a pest problem before it starts.
For Dallas homeowners, there are several things you can do to get ready for springtime pests:
- Clear debris, leaves, and sticks that may have accumulated over the winter. By clearing up trash, leaves and sticks and other debris, you'll take away the habitat for pests like spiders, mice, and cockroaches. If they have nowhere hide, they will likely leave your property.
- Inspect your property for entry points. Check window seals in doorways to make sure they're sealed. Many pests will find your way into your home through the smallest gap or opening.
- Replace or fix faulty screens on windows and doors. In particular, pay attention to the seams and repair any tears and holes so that you can stop gnats, fruit flies, mosquitoes, and other small biting bugs from coming inside.
Make sure your sprinklers are adjusted for the season so you're not overwatering your lawn. Here in Dallas, as it starts to get warmer, plants need more water, especially lawns. We must be careful not to overwater. If we start to overwater our plants, it will create the perfect environment for fungus gnats, cockroaches, yard fleas, and even lawn grubs.
- Look for standing water around your property. Keep unexpected pools of water like puddles, buckets, swings, and wheelbarrows, empty. Emptying puddles and draining out buckets and other pools of water is imperative for mosquito control. Mosquitoes can lay hundreds of eggs in a puddle, and if they do, they'll be hundreds of new mosquitoes in just a few days. Furthermore, check your gutters to ensure that they're draining properly away from your home.
- Be mindful of structural wood that comes into contact with the soil. Try to avoid letting the soil touch any of your home's wooden parts like patios or decking timbers. This will help keep termites from gaining a foothold. During the winter, termites hunker underground. Termites can’t get into your house without some earth nearby. But now that its spring, termite colonies tend to swarm, and you don't want them swarming near your home.
- Be sure to have All-Safe Pest & Termite come inspect your home during the spring when we can be the most effective. Hopefully, we can save you a lot of trouble while we welcome you into the neighborhood.
Why You Should Exercise Caution This Spring
Even though summer and fall are when the pests seem to invade our homes the most, springtime is when we should act to prevent them from getting inside in the first place. Springtime is when new ant and termite queens are born. A queen fire ant can create millions of offspring in her lifetime. The same is true for termites. Springtime is the best time to stop infestations before they cause any damage at all.
Because the winters in Dallas are so mild, we never experience a rodent season. Rats, mice, and other critters are a problem in our home all year long. That's why it's important to stay on top of rodent control methods such as eliminating entry points, cleaning up crumbs, eliminating clutter, and storing food in sealed containers. Furthermore, to ensure rodents stay away, its best to sign up for a recurring pest control plan.
Contact The Professionals
All-Safe Pest & Termite has been serving Dallas for 30 years, and we love helping people keep their homes and businesses free of unwanted pests.
Reach out to us today with any questions about controlling pests this spring. Whether you're struggling with a particular pest or looking to prevent them from infesting your home in the first place, we will develop a professional pest control plan that's right for you. Contact us today to speak with one of our friendly experts!