We’ve all been there. You walk into your Woodlands home, turn the light on, and see a shadow dart across the floor. You may not be able to tell what it was, but you know it was an unwelcome pest.
No one likes walking into their home and finding pests. Whether it is a small insect like an ant or something bigger like a rat or raccoon, they can all spell trouble. Pests can make it impossible to relax, enjoy time at home, and even destroy your property.
Many people may not realize it, but there are many types of pests that can cause major health concerns for you and anyone else in your home. If you are worried about pests in your Woodlands home, call us at All-Safe Pest & Termite and learn about our quality pest control offerings designed to keep your home and family safe.
Common Pests And The Issues They Cause
There is no such thing as a good pest, but some are worse than others. There are nuisance pests like centipedes, ladybugs, and flies. Pests like this are more of an annoyance than a major concern.
Then there are the other types of pests: those that can be dangerous. Here are some examples of dangerous pests we deal with in Woodlands:
- Rodents: Rodents are filthy pests that carry a wide range of diseases, introduce other pests like fleas and ticks into your home, and put your home at risk for floods and fires by destroying pipes and wiring.
- Roaches: Roaches seem small, but they are also dangerous. They can contaminate food and have also been found to increase asthma and allergies in people who are sensitive, including children.
- Ants: Ants are tricky. Some species, like the common house ant, are a nuisance. Others, like the fire ant, can inflict painful bites that can lead to serious medical issues
- Stinging insects: Aside from the obvious pain that comes from being stung, wasps, hornets, and yellowjacket stings can become a medical emergency for people who are allergic. Treatment may require hospitalization.
- Mosquitoes: Mosquitoes are a little pest that can cause big problems. Not only are mosquito bites itchy, painful, and annoying, they can spread diseases. Mosquito bites can expose you to West Nile virus, Zika virus, encephalitis, and other serious illnesses.
If you have concerns about the pests in your home, it is always best to reach out for professional help from a licensed pest control company like All-Safe Pest & Termite.
How To Prevent Pests
As a homeowner, there are steps you can take to prevent pests around your home. Most of these involve general cleanliness and removing the reasons pests would enter your home. Some of these tips include:
- Seal any cracks and crevices in your home’s walls or foundation.
- Eliminate areas of moisture around your home, including leaking pipes and clogged gutters.
- Don’t allow clutter to pile up around your home, especially in unused rooms like basements, crawlspaces, and garages.
- Clean up spills and wipe up crumbs immediately.
- Take your trash out regularly, storing it in bins with secure lids.
- Store your food in containers with airtight lids or in the refrigerator.
- Clean your home frequently.
- Keep your yard cut short.
- Trim bushes and shrubs away from the exterior of your home.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet from your home.
- Work with a professional pest control company to develop a residential pest control plan.
When it comes to preventing pests in your Woodlands home, there is no substitute for professional pest control.
At All-Safe Pest & Termite, we have specialized in residential pest control in Woodlands and the surrounding areas since the 1980s. We have the tools, knowledge, and experience to keep your home and family protected from pests and the issues they can cause. Contact us today for quality pest control you and your family can count on.