When carpenter bees invade your Houston property, you may be wondering about avoiding carpenter bee wood damage and the best way to get rid of carpenter bees in Houston. Fortunately, our prevention tips and pest control in Houston can help eliminate this pest from your property.
How To Spot A Carpenter Bee Problem On Your Property
Carpenter bees in Houston will often invade your property and set up their home without you noticing. It is vital to keep an eye out for signs of a carpenter bee problem so that you are avoiding carpenter bee wood damage and when you should reach out to professional carpenter bee removal specialists.
The signs below signs of carpenter bees may indicate a problem on your Houston property:
- Seeing carpenter bees buzzing around near wooden structures is a sign that you might have a problem. This pest is larger than a bumblebee and nests in wood so that you will see them near rooflines, wooden decks, and the wooden siding of your home.
- Holes on wooden areas such as decks, patios, and wooden foundations indicate that carpenter bees have moved in. These holes are perfectly circular, just slightly larger than a carpenter bee, and often have sawdust (also known as frass) nearby.
- Hearing rustling in walls and the buzzing sound accompanying carpenter bees are serious signs of a carpenter bee problem. The tunneling causes this noise through wood that this pest brings.
The Property Damage Carpenter Bees Can Create
Carpenter bees are known for their tunneling and nesting in the wooden areas of your property. Over time, this constant tunneling can create weak, hollow wood that is at risk of falling apart. If carpenter bees delve far into your home, this may even lead to a risk of structural collapse. Plus, as carpenter bees tunnel into the wood, they allow moisture to make it into the wood with them, leading to even more damage and the potential for costly repairs as wooden areas begin rotting from the inside out.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Carpenter Bees
The most effective way to remove carpenter bees from your property is to get rid of carpenter bees professionally. Our professionals at All-Safe Pest & Termite will conduct a thorough inspection of your home to identify problem areas. Using this information, we will create customized treatment plans that ensure any ongoing carpenter bee infestation is removed and that your Houston property is protected.
How To Prevent Future Carpenter Bee Infestations
An essential step to understanding how to get rid of carpenter bees includes following the prevention tactics below. Carpenter bee prevention in Houston can help to prevent future invasions and ensure that your property stays free of this pest.
- Fill holes in any wood around your property with caulk, paint, or stain. Carpenter bees stay away from tunneling in finished wood.
- Fix up moisture issues on your property, especially if they are causing damaged wood, as carpenter bees are attracted to pools of moisture and damaged wood. Remove and repair any wood on your property that has water damage.
- Install metal mesh or wire over exterior wooden surfaces to stop carpenter bees from tunneling inside—also, repair rooflines to keep both carpenter bees and moisture out.
And remember, don’t hesitate to reach out to All-Safe Pest & Termite for all of your carpenter bee control needs.