Wasps on your property can cause painful stings and ruin outdoor parties and events. To learn more about wasp control near you, consider partnering with a Texas pest control firm. Here's what local residents should know about identifying wasps, aggressive species, natural wasp prevention, and the safest way to get rid of a wasp problem.
How To Identify A Wasp
There are a number of different types of wasps in Texas, but they all share some common traits. Most wasps are brown to black in color with yellow, white, or red markings. They have six long legs, segmented bodies with thin waists, and translucent wings. Unlike bees, wasps do not have much in the way of body hair or fuzz.
Some Types Of Wasps Can Be Dangerously Aggressive
Many types of wasps, including yellow jackets and most hornets, are known for being extremely territorial. They work together to defend their nests, and, unlike bees, they can sting an unlimited amount of times. Wandering too close to a wasp nest can result in a swarm of repetitive stings, and enough wasp venom can become extremely dangerous, even to individuals who are not allergic. The safest approach to wasps in Texas is to keep them away in the first place.
Five Naturally Effective Wasp Prevention Tips For Your Yard
One of the best ways to avoid being stung by a wasp is to enact prevention methods around your home. These five tips will help keep bees and wasps, and other stinging insects from settling on your property.
- Eliminate tempting foods and drinks: Stinging insects are especially drawn to sweets. Make sure to clean up after outdoor eating and not leave sugary drinks in the yard.
- Cover trash cans: Outdoor trash can easily become a feast for wasps and other insects. Limit this attraction by covering outdoor trash cans and emptying them regularly.
- Be mindful of plants: Flowering plants can be especially attractive to wasps. Consider limiting blue, white, and purple flowering plants and add wasp-repelling items like marigolds, citronella, and lemongrass.
- Use screens: Make sure all windows and doors have properly fitted screens to keep wasps and other insects from coming inside.
- Invest in pest control: Wasp prevention and removal are often included in residential pest control plans.
Save yourself from stinging insects with these prevention tips. For support keeping wasps out of your Texas yard, call the pest control professionals at All-Safe Pest & Termite.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of A Wasp Problem In Your Yard
If you're looking for the best way to get rid of a wasp nest in Texas, look no further than All-Safe Pest & Termite. We offer a three-step process for stinging insect control to safely treat your property and ensure stinging insects stay away. Our services include:
- Inspection: Our technicians will visit your home to identify any nests attached to exterior buildings or nearby trees and assess conditions that could attract wasps in the future.
- Treatment: After the inspection, our technician will treat and remove nests, apply a residual product on nesting sites to prevent them from recurring, as well as treat eaves and other potential nesting areas.
- Follow Up: After treatment, we will work with you to ensure wasps do not become a problem in the future through a combination of minimizing attracting factors and applying a combination of dust and liquid residual products to provide a protective barrier around your home.
For the safest and most effective wasp nest removal in Texas, call the experts at All-Safe Pest & Termite.