Plano, Texas, is a city that began as a modest, relaxed farming region. Over time, it has blossomed into a thriving town with multiple Fortune 1,000 companies and over 10,000 businesses. While it has become busier over time, its dense suburban population still enjoys close community living, where neighbors often enjoy shared outdoor activities. Residents who plan to enjoy activities with their neighbors would be wise to seek Plano pest control services; otherwise, they may find the local mosquito population putting a damper on their backyard fun.
The Lifecycle Of Common Mosquitoes
Have you wondered how mosquitoes become the most dangerous pest on the planet? Mosquitoes go through four stages of metamorphosis (physical changes) before they are ready to start plaguing humans and animals.
Four stages of mosquito development include:
- Stage one (egg) – Adult female mosquitoes lay eggs in anything containing water (just above the waterline). Eggs are “glued” to a container and can survive harsh weather conditions.
- Stage two (larva) – Once the eggs get covered with water, larvae will start growing by consuming bacteria swimming in the water.
- Stage three (pupa) – Pupa will shed its skin multiple times until it is large enough to leave its water home.
- Stage four (adult) – Fully formed adult mosquitoes will begin to search for food and blood (female only) to survive and reproduce.
All four stages that a mosquito goes through lead to one thing – a potentially deadly animal. Mosquitoes rapidly multiply; therefore, it is vital to get rid of mosquitoes by using a company like All-Safe Pest & Termite to keep you protected.
The Dangerous Diseases Mosquitoes Are Known To Spread
Mosquitoes are responsible for over one million people dying every year. They are a genuine threat to people; therefore, residents of Plano would do well to be familiar with the diseases associated with their bites. Three prevalent mosquito-borne disorders often found in the United States are the West Nile virus, dengue fever, and encephalitis. Other mosquito-borne diseases contracted while traveling outside the United States include the Zika virus, malaria, yellow fever, and tularemia.
Considering the various diseases spread by mosquitoes, it is always good to have a pest professional like All-Safe Pest & Termite in your corner. Our mosquito treatments can help protect your yard from disease-carrying mosquitoes.
Six Eco-Friendly Mosquito Prevention Tips For Around Your Yard
While having a pest professional is the best way to get rid of mosquitoes, residents can take matters into their own hands. By establishing preventative measures outside your home, residents can help deter mosquitoes from forming an attachment to their yards.
Six eco-friendly ways to keep mosquitoes from your yard include:
- Make sure fallen leaves get removed from the yard.
- Keep hedges/shrubs trimmed and the grass cut low.
- Fix drainage problems around your property.
- Clean gutters – keep water free-flowing.
- Clean up anything in the yard that can be used as a container to hold water.
- Patch areas around your yard that can facilitate standing water.
Taking proactive steps toward preventing mosquitoes is the first step toward mosquito elimination. Total success is within your reach when you add All-Safe Pest & Termite to the equation.
The Most Effective Mosquito Control For Your Yard
The best way to get rid of mosquitoes from your yard is with All-Safe Pest & Termite. We are a family-owned and operated company with over 30 years of pest experience. Our company offers seasonal mosquito treatments that effectively reduce mosquito populations in your yard. Set up your protection plan early by calling All-Safe Pest & Termite today.