Effective rodent control on your Fort Worth property is essential in keeping unwanted pests from your home or business. The professionals at All-Safe Pest & Termite can provide you with all the information you need to rid your property of rodents.
Understanding Area Rodents
It is essential to understand the common area rodents you are dealing with to prevent entering your property. There are three main rodent pests in the Fort Worth area: mice, rats, and squirrels. These rodents have evolved alongside humans and are highly adept at scavenging food, water, and shelter, a sign of their long history of human dependency. The main reason rodents will enter your home or business is in search of these essential items.
It can be dangerous to have any of these pests in your home due to the damage they can cause via gnawing, scratching, and biting around your property. They can spread diseases such as the hantavirus, leptospirosis, tularemia, and salmonella. Rodents may also contaminate your food with their feces and urine. The more out of control a rodent infestation gets, the more likely you will encounter severe damages or risks for illness.
Rodents may enter your home or business through gaps or cracks in windows, doors, roofs, or your home’s foundation. Mice and rats especially can fit through holes as small as a regular pen, making it challenging to keep this invading pest out. Squirrels and certain rat varieties may also enter your home or business through the chimney.
Rodent Prevention Tips
To prevent future rodent infestations around your home or business, you can get to work following these essential rodent prevention tips:
- Seal up all potential entry points around your home and business. This means patching up event the smallest gaps or cracks in your home’s windows, doors, foundation, and roof. You may also want to invest in a chimney cap.
- Invest in ongoing professional inspects of your home and business with the experts at All-Safe Pest & Termite. This can help stop rodent infestations before they start and ensure your property always stays pest-free.
- Make sure that all food waste and trash is sealed correctly both inside and outside of your property. The aroma of food attracts rodents more than anything else, so this step is essential. You should also promptly clear up any food or liquid spills, properly store leftover food, and ensure all pet food is also stored.
- Clear out any debris in your yard and work to keep the grass trimmed low. This reduces the number of hiding spots rodents will have around your property. You can also cut back trees or bushes with overhanging branches to stop rodents from entering your property through the roof.
- Ensure that there are no puddles of moisture or leaks either inside or outside of your property. Water or moisture areas attract rodents and pests, so fixing leaks and employing proper ventilation can deter them.
Professional Rodent Removal
Rodents often hide in secluded, difficult-to-reach areas, making them hard to eliminate by yourself and dangerous to try and handle fully. The safest, most effective way to get rid of rodents around your Fort Worth property is to contact the professionals at All-Safe Pest & Termite. We utilize effective and eco-friendly treatments to resolve pest issues. Call us today for a free estimate.