Spring is a beautiful time of year. The flowers bloom, the trees are green, and the sun shines. But along with all of the beauty that spring brings, there are also a few hazards. One of those hazards is wasps.
Wasps can be a nuisance, buzzing and hovering over your head. But they can also be dangerous. Wasps are more aggressive than other stinging insects and are more likely to sting. So it's essential to remove any wasp nests that you come across.
This is where professional pest control in The Woodlands comes in handy. Wasp nest removal is risky and should only be attempted by an expert pest exterminator.
So if you find a wasp nest on your property, don't try to remove it yourself. Call pest control to handle the issue for you.
Common Types Of Wasps Found In The Woodlands
There are several different types of wasps that you might find on your property. The most common kind of wasps in The Woodlands are:
- Paper wasp: Paper wasps are about ¾ of an inch long and are brown or black with yellow markings. Aptly named, paper wasps build their nests out of paper-like material.
- Mud dauber: Mud daubers are a type of solitary wasp. They're black with narrow waists. Mud daubers build their nests out of mud, which they use to provision their larvae with food.
- Cicada killer: The cicada killer wasp is a type of digger wasp. They're large, about two inches long, and have black with yellow markings, with large stingers. Cicada killers prey on cicadas, which they sting and paralyze before dragging them back to their nests.
Whether you're dealing with a black and yellow wasp, a mud dauber, or a cicada killer, call pest exterminators if you find wasps on your property. These critters can be dangerous and should only be removed by a professional.
Why Wasp Infestations Can Be So Problematic
Besides the obvious danger of being stung, wasp infestations can also be problematic because:
- Wasps will sting if they feel threatened. This can be a problem if you have small children or pets who might inadvertently disturb a wasp nest.
- Wasps are attracted to sweet things like fruit and sugary drinks. This can be a problem if you have a picnic or BBQ that wasps will try to crash.
- Wasps can cause damage to your property. They will chew through wood and drywall to build their nests, causing structural damage to your home or business.
As you can see, wasps can be a real problem. If you have this insect on your property, don't try to remove it yourself.
The best way to get rid of wasps in The Woodlands is to call a professional pest control company. They'll safely and effectively remove the wasp nest, so you can enjoy your property without any fear.
Five Environmentally-Friendly Wasp Prevention Tips
There are a few things you can do to prevent wasps from taking up residence on your property in the first place, including:
- Keep food and drinks covered
- Remove standing water
- Clean up trash and recycle
- Trim trees and bushes
- Use wasp traps
These wasp prevention tips will help keep wasps from taking up residence on your property. But if you do find a nest, don't try to eradicate it yourself. Call wasp control and let them take care of the threat.
The Woodlands' Most Effective Wasp Control Method
Wasp removal is a risky business and should be left to the experts. The most effective way to get rid of wasps in The Woodlands is to call a professional pest exterminator.
All-Safe Pest & Termite provides effective and safe wasp control in The Woodlands. We use various methods to safely and effectively remove wasp nests from your property. We also offer preventative services to help keep wasps from coming back.
If you have a wasp problem, don't worry. Call us to schedule a free consultation.