As one of the most common house pests in the United States, cockroaches can quickly become a nuisance and even a health hazard. They multiply rapidly and can lead to an infestation in your Houston home if you're not careful.
Unless you've had professional training, you might not know much about cockroach prevention. This is why it's crucial to get comprehensive pest control services from a licensed Houston pest control firm.
They'll properly assess your home and implement a plan to rid you of these unwanted guests for good. So don't wait, if you think you have a cockroach problem, call the professionals today.
Common Species Of Cockroaches Found In Houston
Several different types of cockroaches are common in Houston, including:
- German Cockroach: These cockroaches are usually between ½ to ⅝ of an inch long and are light brown. They have two dark stripes running down their backs and typically live near food sources.
- American Cockroach: Also known as the "palmetto bug," these cockroaches can grow over two inches long. They're reddish-brown and have a yellow marking on their back.
- Oriental Cockroach: These cockroaches are usually between ½ to one inch long and are dark brown or black. They typically prefer damp areas like basements, crawl spaces, and sewers.
As you can see, several types of cockroaches can infest Houston homes. If you spot any signs of a cockroach infestation, get professional help right away. Nip the problem in the bud before it gets out of control.
Why It's Dangerous To Have Roaches In Your Home
Cockroaches are more than just a nuisance; they can be dangerous. They spread diseases including:
- E. coli
- Typhoid fever
Cockroaches can also trigger asthma as well as other respiratory problems. Small children or elderly family members are especially vulnerable to cockroach-borne illnesses.
Don't take chances with your family's health. If you come across a cockroach exoskeleton or a cockroach egg sack in your home, call the professionals. Any delays could put your family's health at risk.
Why DIY Cockroach Control Is A Waste Of Time And Money
With the rise of the internet, it's easy to find do-it-yourself (DIY) solutions for everything - including cockroach control. While you might be tempted to try to get rid of cockroaches on your own, it's not worth the time or money.
You could easily spend hours online researching cockroaches and trying to figure out the best way to eliminate them. But the truth is, most DIY cockroach control methods do not succeed.
Here are reasons why DIY cockroach control products are a waste of time and money:
- They're not effective. Cockroaches are resilient pests that can quickly adapt to their environment. This means that they can quickly develop immunity to DIY pesticides.
- They can be dangerous. If you don't use them properly, DIY cockroach control products can be dangerous to your family and pets.
- They're a waste of money. You might think that you're saving money by using DIY products, but you'll likely end up spending more in the long run.
Save yourself the time, money, and hassle by calling the professionals the first time you suspect a cockroach problem in your home.
Professional Cockroach Control Is The Way To Go For Your Home
As you can see, there are several reasons why professional pest control is the way to go for your home. If you spot any signs of a cockroach problem in your Houston home, contact All-Safe Pest & Termite.
We understand the urgency of eliminating cockroaches as quickly as possible. That's why we offer same-day and next-day appointments. We'll work around your schedule to ensure your home is cockroach-free in no time.
We also utilize eco-friendly methods to get rid of cockroaches. This way, you can rest assured knowing that your family is safe from harmful chemicals.
Call us today and schedule your free consultation.