All pests are not created equal, and that's especially true for ants – some, like the carpenter ant, can damage wood in your home. Other species, like the pharaoh ant, are known to spread diseases. Regardless, ants are a pain to have around and are challenging to eliminate from your home in The Woodlands. The key to effectively getting rid of ants is getting professional help.
Pest control in The Woodlands can help you identify the species of ant invading your home and decisively get rid of them. They can also help you with preventive measures to avoid another infestation.
The Role Ants Play In Our Ecosystem
Love them or hate them, ants play an essential role in our ecosystem. They're one of the most dominant groups of insects and exist on every continent except Antarctica.
There are more than 12,000 species of ants, and they come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors. Some, like the pharaoh ant, are less than ⅛ inch long, while others, like the titan ant, can grow up to an inch in length.
Ants are also significant in the ecosystem; they help in the following ways:
- Their burrowing habits help loosen compacted soil and improve drainage.
- As they search for food, ants unwittingly carry seeds to new areas where they drop them, and new plants can sprout.
- Ants consume dead insects and other organic matter, which helps return nutrients to the soil.
- Some ants, like the army ant, are apex predators that help keep populations of other insects in check.
- Thousands of people are employed in the study and control of ants.
Despite their importance, most homeowners would rather not have ants in their homes. If you're one of those people, consider investing in ant control near you to keep your home ant-free.
All The Problems Ants Can Cause In The House
While ants may be good for the ecosystem, they can cause many problems in your home. Some of the most common issues ants can cause include:
- Contaminating food: Many ant species are attracted to sweet substances like sugar and honey. They will invade your pantry or kitchen, search for food, and spoil whatever they can.
- Spreading diseases: Some species, like the pharaoh ant, are known to spread diseases. They can pick up viruses and bacteria on their bodies and transfer them to humans.
- Causing allergic reactions: Ants, like the red fire ant, can cause allergic reactions in humans and pets. If you're allergic to ants, coming into contact with them can cause symptoms like hives, swelling, and difficulty breathing.
- Property damage: Carpenter ants damage wood in homes. They excavate tunnels and chambers in wood beams and joists, which weakens them and makes them more susceptible to collapse.
If you're concerned about any of these problems, seek professional ant pest control near you. Any delays in treatment can cause the situation to escalate and become more difficult and expensive to solve.
Five Easy And Effective Ant Prevention Tips For Around The House
The best ant control in your house is prevention. By taking a few simple steps, you can make your home less desirable to ants and prevent them from setting up shop. Here are five easy tips:
- Keep your kitchen clean.
- Seal up cracks and crevices.
- Eliminate sources of moisture.
- Keep your yard tidy.
- Use sealed containers for food storage.
Observing these simple tips can help prevent ants from becoming a problem in your home. If you already have an ant problem, it's best to contact a company that provides ant pest control near you for assistance.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Ants In The House And Keep Them Out
Ultimately, the best way to get rid of ants in the house is to work with a professional pest exterminator. For field-tested ant control solutions, contact All-Safe Pest & Termite.
All our ant control products are safe for pets and your family. We also offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, ensuring you get the best possible service.
Get in touch with All-Safe Pest & Termite today to schedule a free consultation. We'll help you get rid of your ant problem for good.