Seeing spiders everywhere in your Katy home is never a fun thing for homeowners to encounter. Fortunately, all spiders can be kept under control with our effective house spider prevention tips and the assistance of pest control in Katy.
How To Spot A House Spider Problem In Your Home
There are several types of house spiders that you may commonly see in your home, including American house spiders, daddy long legs, wolf spiders, and jumping spiders. These types of house spiders are relatively harmless and do nothing more than provide a frightening sight if you come across an infestation of them. That being said, all spiders can cause a problem, and spiders everywhere in your home may be only one indicator of an infestation. Keep an eye out for the below signs of common household spiders invading your home.
- Webs all-around your home and especially in more secluded areas like attics and basements.
- A large number of pest prey and see spiders chasing this prey in your home.
- Egg sacks around your home; these will most likely be nearby spider webs.
- Mysterious bites on your exposed limbs from spiders – you may need medical attention for these.
How And Why House Spiders Come Inside
In general, house spiders will enter your home searching for food, water, and shelter. The easier the access to these things, the more spiders you are likely to have in your home. Spiders will typically enter through the gaps in windows, doors, and your home’s foundation or around utility lines. They will head for dark, secluded areas to set up their webs; this is why constant cleaning and dusting is vital to make your home less hospitable to spiders.
Additionally, large amounts of spider pest prey in your homes, such as cockroaches or ant infestations, will draw in spiders as they look for an easy, consistent food source.
Natural And Effective House Spider Prevention Tips
To understand how to keep spiders out of your home, you can follow the spider prevention tips below to help protect your property:
- Seal up cracks in the windows, doors, and foundation of your home to keep spiders out. Utilize sturdy, unbroken window and door screens in addition to weather stripping and door sweeps to ensure your home is pest-proof.
- Address moisture issues around your property as pools of water attract both spiders and other types of pests. Ensure there is proper ventilation in your home as well.
- Clean up debris in your yard and keep the grass trimmed down low. Cut back overhanging foliage, as this will make your property less hospitable to spiders that want to hide.
- Ensure your home is decluttered often and sweep away any webs you find to deter spiders from permanently moving into your home.
Contact All-Safe Pest & Termite For Total Spider Control
Common household spiders may not be the most dangerous pest to have to invade your home. Still, they are unsightly and present a slight risk of biting and triggering allergic reactions in specific individuals. To ensure that any infestation of spiders and their pest prey is taken care of, reach out to All-Safe Pest & Termite professionals. Our experts can help eliminate infestations of any house spider and will ensure that your property stays protected from future invaders. Trust the specialists at All-Safe for a completely spider-free Katy property.