The weather and temperatures in Sugar Land, TX, unfortunately, create one of the best possible environments for pests to thrive in, and this includes termites. These sneaky, quiet pests work in the dark, where they can’t be seen, causing immense damage to the structural integrity of your home if they are left undetected for too long. Read on to learn how to catch termite infestations early, and what to do if you find them present in your Sugar Land home.
The Types Of Termites In Sugar Land
Here in Sugar Land, there are several different kinds of termites, and they all have unique ways of operating. Below are some of the kinds that may try to infest your Sugar Land home:
- Drywood termites: These are one of the most common types of termites. Just as the name indicates, drywood termites like to nest in dry planks of wood. They are reclusive insects, making them very hard to detect, as they bore deep into the wood and are rarely seen except in cases where they swarm and when they are disrupted.
- Subterranean termites: One of the ways you can identify these termites is by the distinctive mud tubes they will build outside your home, usually connecting to a food source, like a bush or tree.
- Formosan termites: This type of subterranean termite nests in the soil, and is possibly the most destructive of all the termites. They travel in swarms, and are capable of destroying wooden beams at an alarming rate. If Formosan termites have infested your Sugar Land home, it is important to seek professional help immediately, as their swarms are usually one million insects strong, and are virtually impossible to remove without professional help.
Why Termites On Your Sugar Land Property Are A Big Problem
Whether you have a house, a business, or some other wooden structure on your Sugar Land property, termite infestations are a problem. Because termites are silent pests, it can take a long time before you even notice they are there. If given enough time to nest without any interruptions, termites will eat their way through your home right under your nose without you knowing. The presence of termites can quickly cost you thousands of dollars in damage at best, and at worst, completely destroy the building and make it unsafe to be in.
Easy-To-Spot Signs Of Termites On Your Sugar Land Property
As a Sugar Land property owner, it is important to always be on the lookout for termites, so that you may catch them before they have the time to do any real damage. Below are some things to look out for:
- Mud tubes: Subterranean termites will build pencil-sized tubes made out of mud to travel back and forth in, because of the ambient temperature the tube will create for them. These tubes are usually anchored to your building, and then to another food source, such as a log, tree, or bush.
- Damage to your building: Take the time to examine wooden boards. If you see intricate, serpentine galleries carved into the beams and planks, this is a sure-fire sign that you have a termite infestation; it is time to seek professional help immediately. This shows that termites have already nested in the wood, and are eating their way through the structure of your building.
- Presence of termites: If you are lucky, you may stumble across live termites. You are likely to never see just a single termite, as they tend to travel in groups, like ants. As they travel across your wooden boards, looking for food, you may also notice little wood shavings, which are actually their feces, which are pushed out of the tunnels they bore in the wood.
Call The Professionals At The First Sign Of Termites In Sugar Land
Here at All-Safe Pest & Termite, we specialize in identifying and exterminating entire termite colonies and preventing damage to as much of your Sugar Land property as we can. Our expert technicians are armed with the skills and tools needed to locate termite nests and safely and effectively exterminate these silent pests. Because of how easily termites fly under the radar, by the time you have noticed signs of their presence, it is possible they have already done incredible amounts of damage to your Sugar Land property. If you suspect an infestation, don’t wait. Call us today to remove these destructive pests!