Prehistoric creatures enter your home, feasting on your crumbs and spreading diseases to your family. Cockroaches! Cockroaches are a major nuisance. They often evade sight until the infestation has become overwhelming. Prevention is achievable through maintaining a clean home and eliminating access to food. Though, once the infestation has firmly gripped your home, prevention is not an option. In such a circumstance, you will need to call a professional to eliminate your cockroach infestation. Firstly, you will have to identify the problem.
Signs You Have A Roach Problem In Your Frisco Home Or Business
Although cockroaches evade your sight, they still leave signs of their presence.
- Cockroaches often shed skin before reaching full adulthood. Shed skin is a clear indicator that you have a cockroach infestation.
- Cockroaches leave behind egg capsules. These eggs resemble mouse droppings.
- Naturally, egg capsules accompany nymphs or baby cockroaches. Each egg capsule carries a large number of nymphs. These nymphs are identifiable, as they look like miniature versions of their parents.
- Cockroaches leave behind smear marks. These marks appear dark and can be located in all areas of your home.
- Cockroaches possess a damp odor. You should be able to detect the smell in your kitchen, where cockroaches rapidly build their army.
Diseases Associated With Roaches
Cockroaches are also a detriment to your family’s health. As you probably already know, cockroaches spread diseases through saliva or droppings. Cockroaches do not carry diseases. Rather, they carry the pathogens that spread diseases. Therefore, cockroaches indirectly carry diseases. According to the World Health Organization, cockroaches tend to carry intestinal diseases like dysentery and diarrhea. Here are just some of the illnesses cockroaches can spread:
- Typhoid fever
- Viral diseases such as poliomyelitis.
- A cockroach infestation can even exacerbate symptoms associated with asthma or induce allergic reactions.
Damage Caused By Cockroaches
In addition to the damage, cockroach infestations can inflict on your health, they can also ruin items and, even in rare cases, cause structural damage.
- Cockroaches eat leather and other fabrics. They may consume your drapes.
- A large infestation can even cause structural damage stemming from many cockroaches between walls and ceilings.
- Cockroaches regurgitate portions of partially digested food, not only resulting in health risks but also clean up.
- Relatedly, they leave bits of feces around your house.
Tips To Keep Cockroaches Off Of Your Frisco Property
Cockroaches are most likely to enter your home during the summer months to eschew the heat. They enter through cracks and crevices.
- One obvious preventative measure is to seal up any possible entry points.
- Cockroaches eat almost everything. This is why a clean home devoid of any crumbs is essential to preventing an infestation. Clean the grease on your oven. Clean the bits of coffee grains on the tile. Clean the small pile of sugar behind the teapot. Clean everything.
- Similarly, it would be best if you stored your leftovers in sealed containers to stymie all access to food. Once you restrict access to the food source, the infestation is unlikely to burgeon.
- As you clean your home, declutter as well. Cockroaches hide in inconspicuous areas of your home. They gravitate toward clutter because clutter allows them to evade your sight.
The Experts At All-Safe Pest & Termite Will Safely Eliminate Roaches
Reinfestation can often occur in warmer climates. In cooler climates, cockroaches die, rendering multiple infestations less likely. Apartment complexes can also facilitate reinfestation, as cockroaches thrive in large buildings to move between confined spaces. With that said, these are precarious conditions, and to really eliminate a cockroach infestation, you’ll need professional assistance. Prevention is achievable through non-chemical methods. To eliminate an existing infestation, though, you’ll need professionals to tackle the issue.
Cockroaches are a nuisance. They crawl across your kitchen table during dinner time. They dine on your leftovers. And, most of all, they can present health risks to you and your family. Don’t let them dominate your sacred space. Reach out to the experts at All-Safe Pest & Termite today. We have the tools and experience to solve any roach problem. Don't let the headaches associated with roaches plague you for another minute; call us now!