Cockroaches are a major issue in Houston as they thrive in humid and hot climates. If you see one cockroach crawling in your home, chances are high that there are more critters. Taking proactive steps is necessary, lest the lurking infestation gets out of hand.
Treat early signs of cockroach infestation with urgency to prevent the critters from invading your Houston property. While the massive cockroaches in Houston have a reputation for being challenging to remove, Houston pest control professionals can eliminate them and prevent re-infestation.
Types Of Roaches That Commonly Invade Houston Homes
Houston hosts different cockroach species, such as the American, oriental, German, brown-banded, and smokey brown cockroach. Here are some of the cockroaches you are likely to encounter in your house:
- American cockroach: American cockroaches are among the largest, about two inches long. They are found mainly in bathrooms and kitchens and have reddish-brown bodies with a yellow band at the thorax.
- Oriental cockroaches: Their distinctively dark brown shiny bodies stand out in the light and, due to their love for moisture, stay around water sources or moist areas around the house.
- German cockroaches: German cockroaches have light brown bodies with black stripes. They are some of the most dreaded as they reproduce quickly in large colonies.
- Brown-banded cockroach: The cockroaches have brown bands on their abdomens and wings. They hide in closets, pantries, and even switch plates.
- Smokey Brown Cockroach: While they rarely go indoors, you can find the smokey brown cockroach in your house. However, they are more common outdoors. Moist and damp locations in your home, garage, and lawn attract these roaches.
Most roaches shelter in areas with food supply and moisture as they invade homes in search of shelter, water, and food. To keep roaches away from your Houston home, eliminate water and food sources by cleaning up after having meals and fixing leaking pipes.
Cockroaches Trigger Allergies And Spread Diseases
Cockroaches in your Houston home are a health concern. Their body parts, saliva, and fecal matter can trigger allergies and asthma attacks.
They also carry many fungi, bacteria, parasites, and viruses. Cockroaches go through excrement, garbage, carcasses, and contaminated surfaces and transfer germs to your plates, food, and other surfaces around your home.
They can transmit typhoid fever, dysentery, cholera, and diarrhea.
If you notice an infestation, call experts in cockroach pest control in Houston to get rid of them.
Why Do-It-Yourself Cockroach Control Usually Fails
Do-it-yourself cockroach treatments don't work as it is challenging to locate all the pests' hiding locations in your home. Pesticides will also not prevent more roaches from invading your Houston home.
Some pesticides used for cockroach treatments contain harmful chemicals that can endanger your family and pests.
Do-it-yourself cockroach treatments are also messy and tedious. The best approach is a professional cockroach remedy as it is tailor-made for specific roach types, effective, and safe for your family and pests.
They evaluate your home for infestation, seal potential entry points, and employ tailor-made treatments to protect it from pests.
Call The Experts For Total Cockroach Control For Your Home
Call roach control professionals if you notice a cockroach crawling in your home's cabinets and egg shells and body parts in the house. They use sustainable and safe treatment methods that don't expose your family to harmful chemicals.
All-Safe Pest & Termite roach control professionals ensure they treat your Houston homes for cockroaches in a way that deters a re-infestation. If pests return between treatment schedules, the professionals address the problem promptly.