Because Houston is a locale that gets hot and humid in the summer, insects like mosquitoes thrive. Learn how to protect your family and property against this nuisance pest. When you need an effective solution against mosquitoes, don’t wait to contact a Houston pest control company.
Mosquitoes Are Needed To Maintain Our Ecosystem
Although mosquitoes can be a real buzzkill in modern life, they are beneficial for the health of the planet. Insects like mosquitoes are a rich protein source for other insects, lizards, birds, and bats. Mosquitoes also contribute to pollination, as they feed on flowers and plant nectar for food.
For some people, mosquitoes in Houston might serve no purpose but to annoy us and leave itchy bites. However, these tiny pests help keep nature in balance.
The Multiple Issues A Mosquito Infestation Can Create
Whether you are trying to enjoy a barbeque outdoors or are relaxing inside your , a mosquito infestation is more than annoying. Mosquitoes can cause more than a few problems, including:
- Some people develop an allergic reaction to a mosquito’s sting or bite.
- What do mosquitoes carry? This insect may carry viruses like West Nile virus, Zika virus, or dengue fever, which they can transmit through biting.
- Swarms of mosquitoes hanging around your property are a nuisance because of the noise and itchy bites they deliver to your family, friends, and pets.
Because mosquitoes might carry parasites or viruses, they pose a danger to humans and animals, though some people might not display an adverse reaction after being bitten by a mosquito.
Why do mosquitoes bite? Unfortunately, some people are more attractive to female mosquitoes than others. Female mosquitoes pierce the skin with their mouthpiece to feed on blood to gain nutrients to nourish their eggs.
The biting mosquito’s saliva is what triggers a raised bump, itching, and other reactions. Male mosquitoes do not bite as they don’t produce eggs.
There’s no need to live with the looming dangers of a mosquito infestation or fret about constant buzzing noises and itchy bites. Contact a pest control company in Houston, like All-Safe Pest & Termite, for mosquito control services.
Six Eco-Friendly And Effective Mosquito Prevention Tips
So, what’s the best way to control mosquitoes? Practice prevention tips and call in All-Safe Pest & Termite for practical solutions to deter pests. Here are some eco-friendly tips to try:
- Use scents that repel mosquitoes around your Houston home, such as lavender, eucalyptus, or peppermint.
- Remove any standing water, fix leaks, and keep gutters clean and debris-free.
- Keep your yard under control and manicured. Mosquitoes love thick vegetation, long grass, and open compost piles.
- Apply mosquito repellent when outside, or consider lighting citronella candles.
- Make sure screens over doors and windows are in good repair. If you feel inclined, hang mosquito netting indoors or outdoors to deter insects.
- Schedule routine pest control maintenance with All-Safe Pest & Termite to prevent a mosquito infestation.
Take back your home and yard from pesky mosquitoes. Create eco-friendly barriers, remove safe havens for these insects, and keep them at bay with scheduled mosquito control services in Houston.
During summer, mosquitoes can get out of control and rapidly breed. Protect the health of your family and pets, and have peace of mind by practicing safe, effective methods to thwart mosquitoes year-round.
The Safe And Successful Mosquito Control Method For Houston Yards
How to repel mosquitoes? First, identify problem areas around your property and inside your home that attract mosquitoes. Mosquitoes love standing pools of water and will enter your home through holes in screens or open doors.
Second, use preventive tips to deter these pests from hanging around. It’s helpful to use a combination of different prevention measures to strengthen the result.
And last, and most importantly, schedule a visit from All-Safe Pest & Termite for effective mosquito control in Houston. We have friendly, experienced technicians who will inspect your property and create a custom pest control plan. Reach out today, to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Houston.