Fruit flies can be annoying and will not let you enjoy fresh produce. Fruit flies are annoying, especially during summer and fall when fruits ripen and most vegetables are ready for harvesting. Fruit flies consume fruits and lay eggs, increasing their population.
Nothing is worse than pests flying around your bowl of fruits in the kitchen. It will take more than whisking to remove fruit flies. Do you have an infestation and wondering which is the best way to get rid of flies? The best solution is to call Fort Worth pest control professionals.
How To Identify A Fruit Fly Infestation In Your Home
The easiest way to know if you have an infestation is to see fruit flies flying around your house. You can find adult flies near trash cans, decaying vegetables and fruits, and beer bottles.
Other signs of fruit fly activity include the presence of pupae. They resemble cockroach droppings but have a pair of horns on one end.
The Problem With Fruit Flies In Your Home
While most homeowners consider fruit flies embarrassing, stubborn, and unsightly, there are more reasons to get rid of fruit flies from your Fort Worth property.
There are concerns that fruit flies can contaminate food. They transfer Listeria monocytogenes germ and disease-causing bacteria to food. Common bacteria transferred include Salmonella and E. coli.
They contact contaminated surfaces and rotting food and make occasional stops on fruits, food, and plates transferring microorganisms that cause diarrhea, typhoid fever, and listeriosis.
If you have an invasion in your Fort Worth home, get rid of fruit flies fast to protect your family from foodborne illnesses.
Simple Yet Effective Fruit Fly Prevention Tips
Fruit flies spend a lot of time around garbage cans and decaying food, then make appearances in your fresh supply. They reproduce quickly, and their infestation can quickly get out of control. The best way to deal with an infestation is to prevent it.
Here are the most effective ways to prevent fruit flies from invading your home:
- Store your fruits in the refrigerator: Store your vegetables and fruits in the refrigerator instead of leaving them on the counter where fruit flies can access them.
- Cover fruit bowls: Cover your fruit bowls on the counter and cabinets, as leaving them open attracts fruit flies.
- Dispose of rotting fruits: Fruit flies stay around rotting and fermenting fruits, consume them and lay eggs.
- Clean your garbage can: Regularly emptying and cleaning your garbage can removes the scent of rotting fruits that attract fruit flies.
- Clean up after meals: Clean up after eating to remove food remnants and dripping juices that attract fruit flies.
- Replace kitchen sponges and clean the mops: Fruit juices and food scents on kitchen sponges and mops attract insects and other common types of flies.
While the steps can help reduce the chances of an infestation in your Fort Worth home, they don’t guarantee protection from the flies, especially during the warmer summer months. In case of an infestation, do not panic. Call a professional pest control company to help you address the problem.
The Most Effective Fly Control For Your Home
Most products and home remedies for fruit flies infestation don’t offer an effective solution. Some of the products are also unsafe for your family and pets.
The best way to get rid of fruit flies is to let professionals do the job. All-Safe Pest & Termite pest control professionals have the knowledge and tools required for effective fruit fry removal. They also provide information to keep the annoying pests out of your Fort Worth home.